Friday 24 October 2014

Hang takpala Hang pandai




They think I'm that brilliant kid
who needs no hardwork
to score good scores

They think I'm that brilliant kid
who needs no struggle
to get to where I am now

They think I'm that brilliant 

  [Laugh]

Don't they realize
The way they say things
As if they were saying

That a bird needs no flapping wings
to fly up high in the sky

That a fish needs no moving fins
to swim deeper into the sea

That a worm needs no working muscles
to dig through the hard soil

Don't they know
I too have to go through hardships
I too have my own darkest hours

There's one time
I completely blurred out
Nothing in the lectures seems 
to be something that I understood

I ask around
I read through the lecture notes
again and again

again and again too
I end up crying the whole night

disappointed with my own self
for not being able to understand
what others can simply understood

I almost give up

I almost pick up that phone
and say 'mom I can't do this'

But every time my mom asks
'How was thing goin'

.Yeah everything is fine.
.Still adapting.
.But I'm good.

 [hang up]

This lasted for several weeks
WEEKS I tell yah

And I almost believe that I'm an idiot

I feel useless
I feel helpless
I feel hopeless

I taught these feelings were endless
but I was wrong because

It was wrong to say that it will keep on raining once it started raining

What begins will soon ends
and what has ended will soon has 
a new beginning

You just Have To Wait
with sabr



I've waited and
i found the ending to my sorrow

once I turn back to the One and Only,
Allah

the one who can give whatever you want 
and takes away whatever you have

The one who hears you
when no one else care to listen

The one who understands you
more than you understand yourself

the one behinds your sorrow
the reason for your happiness

'Indeed Allah is sufficient for us'

yes Allah alone is enough for me
so I pray for strength
and I get back on track

So they think I'm that brilliant huh?
Indeed I'm no one without Allah

So

Instead of saying to others
'Hang takpala hang pandai'
(Good for you that you're brilliant)

What about saying
'Takpa aku ada Allah'
(Everything's good cause I have Allah)

to yourself

1 comment: